Transform your practice: Transform your life.
An eight-week live, interactive, online, small-group course in Unified Mindfulness meditation, for beginners and experienced meditators alike.
Tuesday evenings from 6:00 - 7:30 pm, Arizona time (MST)
August 25th to October 13th, 2020
Why learn Unified Mindfulness?
The Unified Mindfulness system can give you the skills to:
- reduce stress
- improve emotional well being
- manage difficult situations
- develop resilience
- enhance cognitive capabilities
- deepen interpersonal and spiritual connection
- increase fulfillment
- get to know yourself on the deepest level
What is Unified Mindfulness?
Developed over the course of 50 years by Shinzen Young, Unified Mindfulness brings together all the major contemplative practices from around the world and throughout history into a systematic secular framework. Though easy to learn, the rigorous precision and methodological training make UM the choice for neurological and clinical mindfulness research at Harvard Medical School, Carnegie Mellon University, University of Vermont, and The University of Arizona.
Your instructor, Pez Owen, has been teaching mindfulness for almost a decade, is a certified Level Two Unified Mindfulness Coach, and is the founder and main teacher at Stillpoint Meditation LLC.
What does this course include?
- Eight 90-minute live, interactive, group Zoom training sessions, which include instruction, guided meditation, questions, and discussion
- Limited class size to ensure a personalized experience
- A clear understanding of what meditation is, what Unified Mindfulness is, and why and when to do it
- Systematic training in five core techniques, variations, and options, and the confidence to adapt these techniques to specific circumstances in your life
- A plan for establishing and maintaining your regular meditation practice
- Ways to meditate throughout the day using the micro hits and background practice techniques
- Weekly homework recommendations to help you maximize your meditation time
- Handouts and worksheets
- Free access to the instructor throughout the course and after
- Access to Stillpoint Meditation’s library, community, and activities and events
- Resources for additional exploration and training
How much does it cost?
The Transform Your Practice: Transform Your Life course costs $250, inclusive. There are no additional costs. You will also have the opportunity to make a donation to the scholarship fund, which ensures that this course is available to others who may be unable to afford the registration fee. 100% of your donation goes to help others participate in Stillpoint Meditation paid activities.
If $250 is too much for you at this time, please select the "Scholarship" option on the registration form, and we will arrange a scholarship to cover as much as is necessary for you to be able to attend.
Can I get my money back?
The registration fee is due before the course begins, but is fully refundable after the first class if you decide this is not the right course for you (or for any other reason, for that matter). Refunds will not be available after the second class begins.
Where can I learn more?
For more information about: